Wednesday 17th November 2021 15.30-17.00
The Scottish Government is currently consulting on their future plan for local food, Local Food for Everyone, but what does ‘local food’ mean to you and how can ‘everyone’ access it? Scottish Government’s new local food plan holds an important opportunity to have a positive impact on the well-being of communities, economies and the environment right across Scotland – and beyond.
This workshop will form the basis of Edible Edinburgh’s own consultation response and will give you the opportunity to explore what a local food plan could mean for where you live. It will also provide a guide for you to complete your own consultation questionnaire and encourage others to do the same.
During this workshop we will ask:
- Why is local food important?
- What do we want to see from a Local Food Plan, both nationally and locally?
- How can Scotland grow more of what it eats and eat more of what it grows?
- How can a local food plan improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in Scotland?
- How can a local food plan make the maximum positive impact on our environment and biodiversity?
Before the workshop please read the consultation and associated document.
Join this workshop led by Nourish Scotland by signing up via Eventbrite