Edible Edinburgh have been working to inspire and motivate everyone across the city to work together to build new approaches to food since 2013. We believe that together we can make positive choices that are healthier and tastier and which bring social, economic and environmental benefits to the whole community.
In 2019, the city of Edinburgh successfully achieved the Sustainable Food Places Bronze Award. The Sustainable Food Places awards are designed to recognise and celebrate the success of places taking a joined up, holistic approach to food and that are achieving significant positive change on a range of key food issues.
We need supporters from across the city, working in all areas of the food system, to take action and promote the good work they are doing in contributing towards Edinburgh becoming a truly sustainable food city. You can help to raise awareness of your support for Edible Edinburgh by using the following ideas, or contact us for further information.
Edible Edinburgh logo – for your website, shop window or other promotional materials.
Suggested Twitter Post
- We’ve signed up to show our support for the @EdibleEdin vision for great food in our city! Find out more: https://edible-edinburgh.org
- We’ve just signed up to support the @EdibleEdin charter for good food. Join us and take a look at how you can take action: https://edible-edinburgh.org/
- We’re all about good, fair, local food. Join us in supporting the @EdibleEdin good food charter: https://edible-edinburgh.org/
Suggested Twitter Cards
Suggested Facebook Post
- We take good food seriously, so we’ve signed up to support the Edible Edinburgh We believe food in our city can make a difference to all our lives – by being fairly sourced, contributing to the local economy and tasting great. Do you agree? Sign up, show your support and take action too: https://edible-edinburgh.org/
Suggested Posts for your Website
- Write a blog setting out your organisation’s commitment to great food and why it matters to you. Don’t forget to include a photo and the link to Edible Edinburgh’s site – https://edible-edinburgh.org/– so your customers or clients can find out more.
- Write a news item for your website about the fact that you have signed up to support the Edible Edinburgh You could include details about why you’ve chosen to support the charter, give examples of what action you’re taking to make good food a reality, and even a quote from you or a colleague. Again, don’t forget to include the link to https://edible-edinburgh.org/– so your customers or clients can find out more.
Local Media Release – contact local newspapers with details of what action you’re taking within the city to support the vision of Edible Edinburgh. Email us and we’ll tailor it to your organisation.
I support Edible Edinburgh in helping to make Edinburgh a tastier, happier, healthier and fairer city.
Whether you’re a business, a charity or a community group, add your support and show everyone that you want to see good food for all in Edinburgh.