We’re a social enterprise that exists to help build sustainable food systems which are better for people and planet.
Our supermarket at 118-126 Dalry Road is filled with a wide range of local, organic and zero waste foods and goods as well as our on site organic cafe.
We’re also growers with our Narrowboat Market Garden less than 15 miles away, supplying produce for our shop and veg box service. The veg box scheme delivers throughout Edinburgh.
See www.locavore.scot for me info.
Commitment to sustainability
Our business exists to reduce environmental impacts as detailed in our Impact Report with statements on social, economic and environmental impact.
We’re achieving these goals
- Actively working to reduce carbon emissions
- Reducing food waste
- Reducing plastic packaging
- Using electric vehicles or cargo bikes for shop and customer deliveries
- Using food produced to higher, environmental, social or animal welfare standards
- Using local suppliers
- MSC Certified fish and seafood